Friday, October 4, 2013

FALLing in love.

FALLing In Love



This week I started writing my blog about how excited for fall, I was. All over Facebook and overall social media my friends were posting, “Yay finally it’s fall!”
There is a magic to it that I believe makes everyone a little happier. There’s less humidity in the air, it’s crisp. Pumpkin lattes, cookies, candles, you name it, begin to pop up everywhere. The leaves start to turn color and fall to the ground. Nature is getting ready to endure a change.
This time around, fall has a lot more meaning. The first official day of fall this year was September 22, 2013. This date holds so much amazing importance. One, its my older brothers birthday. Two, it marks a whole year since Scott and I started hanging out and Three, it was the due date of my little sister’s baby.

On September 27th, 2013 at 2:25pm my little baby sister had her first baby. Jordan Aaliyah Ramdial. She was 6lbs 14oz 19 ¾ in, and she has stolen my heat forever.  Watching her being born has certainly changed me.


For much time now eating healthy has been a big priority of mine, and a new birth in the family just really reminds you of your priorities. It’s taken me years of exploration to decide what’s “healthy” and I’m constantly learning every day.  I started by cutting back on sugar and drinking more water. You can really drive yourself nuts by looking at all the trends and following the “latest research” but it’s important to give yourself a break
Consider some of your eating habits and take small steps.
Much like wildlife is undergoing a change there’s a transformation in all of us. There’s always a chance for change every single day.

Paleo Pumpkin Brownies

What you’re gonna need:
1 8x8 baking pan
coconut oil (for greasing pan)
¾ cup almond butter (I used chunky)
1 cup organic canned pumpkin (you could used mashed pumpkin)
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup large chocolate chips or chunks



Preheat oven at 350
Mix everything together
Bake for 25-30 mins.
Let cool for about 10mins. They’ll be a little soft when they first come out.
Or eat them soft and warm if you like them squishy like I do. 

Fall in love with everything around you. Appreciation is the key to a happy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment